Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been asked by the media whether Israel is prepared to pay compensation for the wounded from the latest clashes in Gaza.
Speaking to reporters in Jerusalem, Netanyahu was asked whether the country was prepared to offer compensation to the wounded in the latest fighting.
“The Israeli public wants to know whether the government will pay for the families of the victims and whether the Israeli public will pay the cost of the injuries of the wounded,” he said.
“We will pay it and we will provide it and it will be covered.”
Earlier on Sunday, an Israeli military spokesperson said that Israeli forces had carried out more than 70 airstrikes in Gaza since the beginning of the month.
Israel’s Channel 10 news said on Sunday that it had obtained documents from the Israeli military showing that the number of Palestinians killed in the conflict in Gaza had reached 7,094, while the number wounded had risen to 5,746.
At least 3,037 people have been killed in Gaza in the past month, according to the United Nations, which said in a report released on Monday that at least 1,821 Palestinians had been killed since July 8, when Hamas seized control of the coastal enclave.
The Palestinian Health Ministry said on Monday the number had reached 6,069, with 4,939 of those casualties in the last 24 hours.
The Israeli military said it had hit a number of targets in Gaza, including three Hamas-run schools and a rocket launch site, and destroyed a number from four separate rocket attacks on Friday.
Israel also said it has conducted six airstrikes in the Gaza Strip overnight, killing at least six militants, and a number were killed by artillery fire.